Voice-over or voice-over dubbing?
If you’re going to export your videos abroad, you’ll need to make sure that what your viewers see matches what they hear! You have two options, depending on the materials at hand: voice-over dubbing or voice-overs. While they may seem similar, these two strands are very different indeed.
Voice-over dubbing involves adding audio over the original audio. In other words, the person on-screen can still be heard talking, but the voice-over artist’s voice is the most clearly audible. The advantage of this format over subtitling is that it prevents the viewer having to take their eyes off the action. It is most widely used for documentaries as well as corporate videos.
When the narrator does not appear on screen, the technique used is known as a voice-over. Also known as “off-camera commentary”, this format lets you add an external voice to the action. No visible character is speaking, but an off-camera narrator or commentator can be heard providing extra information on the action seen on the screen.
This work requires a team of experts with an array of different skills: specialised translators, audiovisual technicians and voice-over artists or actors. Professionals you can rely on, straight from InPuzzle.
InPuzzle: a team at your service
For over 18 years now, our teams have been working hand-in-hand with our clients to put together perfect audiovisual adaptation that meets both clients’ and their target audience’s needs. We’ve drawn on years of experience to hone our own incredibly effective working methods based on five key steps:
– Transcription: our teams listen to and transcribe the source file.
– Detection: we pinpoint key information and areas that need particular care when handling your video.
– Translation/adaptation: documents in your source language are sent to our expert linguists.
– Recording: we call our trusted, professional voice-over artists into our premises. Led by an artistic director and overseen by a sound engineer, they record the materials.
– Editing: the final track is edited, with the recording spliced and mixed to match your video.
Our priority is keeping you happy — in the early consultation stage, we’ll provide you with a selection of voice samples to choose from to meet your needs. Work with InPuzzle and get yourself heard around the world!